For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Black Bean Burgers
Rate this Recipe
|1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1/4 Cup Red Onion, chopped|
|1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice|
|2 Tbsp Chopped Green Chilies|
|3/4 Tsp Cumin|
|1 Garlic Clove, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/4 Tsp Pepper|
|1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs|
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans. Pour the beans, red onion,cilantro, lime juice, green chilies, egg, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and ½ cup + 2 Tbsp bread crumbs into a food processor.
- Turn on the food processor for 1 minutes, scraping the sides a few times, until you get a thick puree.
- Pour 1/3 cup bread crumbs on a plate.
- Grease your hands with oil and shape the mixture into patties. Coat the top and bottom of each patty with bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for a couple hour to harden.
- To cook, heat 2 Tbs oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook patties for about 2-3 minutes on each side. You can also bake the patties on a baking sheet at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes, flipping at 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.