For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mardi Gras Cake
Rate this Recipe
|White Cake Mix|
|2 Containers Whipped Vanilla Frosting|
|Sprinkles, optional, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake ingredients according to box instructions. Separate the batter into (3) bowls or however many bowls you are going to add different food coloring to.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl of batter and stir. Pour into your baking pans.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Remove cake from pans and place the bottom layer on a plate or cake stand. Gently level off the top using a bread knife. You don’t want the top of each layer to be domed.
- Add a layer of frosting. Then place another layer of cake on top and gently level off the top. Repeat until all layers have been assembled.
- Add sprinkles to the top and chill until ready to serve.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.