For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spider Web Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
|4 Baking Potatoes, peeled and chopped
|Salt and Pepper
|4 Tbsp Butter
|3/4 Cup 2% Milk
|8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
|1 lb Bacon, cooked and chopped
|Sour Cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with water, sprinkle with salt, and bring to a boil. Boil for about 15-20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes boil, cook the bacon according to package instructions. Cool on a paper towel lined plate to remove some of the grease. Chop the bacon and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes until most of the steam escapes. Then add the butter and milk and continue to mash until creamy. Add additional milk, about 1 Tbsp at a time, if needed to make the potatoes creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in the bottom of a pie pan or oven safe dish. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese then top with bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes then allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sour cream in a spider web pattern.
- Optional - top with a spider made out of black olives.
- Serve warm.
©2024 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.