For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
French Toast Bake
Rate this Recipe
|1 Loaf Sourdough or French Bread|
|2 Cups 1% Milk|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|3/4 Cup Sugar|
|2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 Cup Flour|
|1/2 Cup Brown Sugar|
|1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Cup Butter, cut into cubes|
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. You want the bread to be layered fairly evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over the bread, making sure to coat every piece.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set overnight.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the cubed butter and use a pastry cutter to combine the butter into the dry mixture. It will be crumbly.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the baking dish and crumble mixture from the fridge in the morning. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Check the French toast at 5 minutes to see how firm it is. If it’s too soft, continue to bake. If it’s your desired consistency, stop baking.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.