For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Mac & Cheese
Rate this Recipe
|5 Cups Potatoes, peeled, chopped, and cooked (recommend using Yukon gold and red potatoes)|
|2 Cups Carrots, peeled, chopped, and cooked|
|1 - 1 1/2 Cups Starch Water, from boiled potatoes|
|1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast|
|1/3 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice|
|2 Tsp Dijon Mustard|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 Tsp Paprika|
|1 Tsp Black Pepper|
|2 Tsp Salt|
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots. Add to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes and carrots until soft. Reserve 1 ½ cups of the water and drain the rest of the water.
- Let the potatoes and carrots cool slightly, then add to a blender.
- Add 1 cup of the starch water to the blender, the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. If you think the cheese is too thick, add the additional ½ cup of starch water and blend again.
- Add water to another pot and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the pot. Pour about ½ of the cheese sauce on top and toss to coat. Add more cheese as needed.
- Serve warm. Optional - add a few drops of Frank’s Hot Sauce to add some heat.
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.