For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Snickers Bars
Rate this Recipe
|2 1/2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips, divided|
|3/4 Cup Peanut Butter, divided|
|1/4 Cup Butter|
|1 Cup Sugar|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream|
|7 oz Tub Marshmallow Cream|
|1 Tsp Vanilla|
|1 -2 Cups Salted Peanuts|
|11 oz Bag Caramel Bits|
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Make sure you have room in your freezer for the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup peanut butter, for 90 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Stir until smooth then pour into the bottom of the pan. Spread to the edges in an even layer. Put the pan in the freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Add the butter, sugar, and heavy whipping cream to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter has melted, and the mixture is completely combined. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes, uninterrupted (do not stir).
- After the 5 minutes have passed, the mixture should be a golden-brown color. Remove from the heat and stir in ¼ cup peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and the entire jar of marshmallow cream. Stir until smooth then remove the pan from the freezer and pour the nougat over the chocolate layer. Spread to the edges in an even later. Put the pan back in the freezer to allow the nougat to harden.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the bag of caramels with ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, for 90 second. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and add the peanuts on top of the nougat. Add 1-2 cups of peanuts, depending on how many you want in the bars. Gently press down so the peanuts stick to the nougat.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the peanut layer and gently spread to the edges in an even layer. Return the pan to the freezer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and a heaping ¼ cup peanut butter, for 90 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Stir until smooth then pour over the caramel layer. Spread to the edges in an even layer. Return the pan to the freezer for at least 30 minutes to allow everything to harden (this will make the bars easier to slice).
- Remove the pan from the freezer and lift the bars out by pulling up on the parchment paper. Place the bars on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. If serving within a few hours the bars can sit out but if serving at a later time, store in the fridge.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.