For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Orange Glazed Cauliflower
Rate this Recipe
|1 Head Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|Peanut or Canola Oil, for frying, optional (see directions)|
|1 Orange, zested and sliced|
|Sesame Seeds, for garnish|
|1/2 Cup Flour|
|3 Tbsp Cornstarch, divided|
|1 Tsp Baking Powder|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Water, divided|
|2 Cups Breadcrumbs|
|2 Cups Pulp-Free Orange Juice|
|1 Tbsp Orange Zest|
|1/2 Cup Maple Syrup|
|1/3 Cup Soy Sauce|
|1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar|
- Chop the cauliflower and set aside. Zest the orange and slice it into rings, then quarter the rings, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and ¾ cup water. Mix until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and one by one, coat each piece of cauliflower in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- ***You can also add the breadcrumbs to the bowl with the battered cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok. Once hot, add the cauliflower and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Fry the cauliflower in batches to not overflow the pan.
- ***If you do not want to fry the cauliflower, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the batter and breaded cauliflower on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp. Make sure to stir halfway through baking.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Once all cauliflower has been fried and removed from the pan, place the cauliflower in a larger bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp water, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Combine ¼ cup water with 2 Tbsp cornstarch and stir to combine. Add this to the saucepan and stir to combine. The sauce should start to thicken and will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower in the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Serve the cauliflower on a bed of rice. Garnish with orange wedges and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.