For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet & Sour Cauliflower (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|1 Head Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|3 Tbsp Avocado Oil|
|1 Cup Sugar|
|2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1/4 Cup Soy Sauce|
|2 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|1 Tsp Onion Powder|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Cup Ketchup|
|2 Tbsp Cornstarch|
|1/4 Cup Water|
|Green Onion, sliced, for topping|
|Sesame Seeds, for topping|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Break apart the cauliflower into florets. Place in a Ziploc bag. Add the avocado oil to the Ziploc bag and shake to coat. Pour the cauliflower on the baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and slightly browned. Remove the cauliflower and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and ketchup to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan. Stir to combine and continue to heat on low until the sauce thickens.
- Pour about ½ of the sauce into the mixing bowl with the cauliflower and toss to coat. Add more sauce as needed to fully coat the cauliflower. You don’t want to add all the sauce and drown the cauliflower.
- Serve warm on a bed of rice. Top with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- **The additional sauce pairs well with the rice**
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.