For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie
Rate this Recipe
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 Tsp Baking Soda|
|1 Tsp Sea Salt|
|2 Sticks Butter, softened|
|1/2 Cup Sugar|
|1 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar, lightly packed|
|2 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|10 oz Bag M&M Candy|
|1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat until creamy (or mix by hand). Add the vanilla and eggs and mix again.
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add the M&M’s and stir to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheets. Each cookie should be about 1 ½ - 2 Tbsp worth of dough. You should have enough dough to make approximately 48 cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Let the ice cream soften slightly on the counter for 5-10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop to add a large scoop of ice cream onto one cookie. Place a second cookie on top of the ice cream and gently press together to make a sandwich. Place on a baking sheet and continue this step until you have made all the ice cream sandwiches. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to allow the ice cream to set.
- Once the ice cream has set, store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- If you do not want to use all 48 cookies to make ice cream sandwiches, you can enjoy them as is and store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.