For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Rate this Recipe
|1 Cup Flour|
|2 Tsp Paprika|
|2 Tsp Salt, divided|
|1 Cup Buttermilk|
|4 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs|
|2 Yellow Onions|
|Cooking Spray, optional|
|Ketchup or Ranch Dressing, for dipping|
- Place 3 shallow bowls on the counter. In the 1st bowl, add the flour, paprika, and 1 tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- In the 2nd bowl, add ½ cup of the dry mixture (flour/paprika/salt), buttermilk, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- In the 3rd bowl, add the breadcrumbs, olive oil, and 1 tsp salt. Stir to combine and coat the breadcrumbs.
- Slice the onion into ½-inch round slices. Separate the rings.
- Working in batches, dredge the onions rings in the flour mixture, then dip in the buttermilk mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. Place the onion rings in a single / even layer in the air fryer. You will only be able to fit 4-5 onion rings at a time.
- Optional - lightly spray the onion rings with cooking spray before air frying.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and continue to air fry the rest of the onion rings until finished.
- Serve warm with ketchup or ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.