For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Frozen Mint Julep
Rate this Recipe
|4 oz Mint Simple Syrup, see ingredients below|
|5 Cups Small Ice Cubes|
|4 -5 oz Bourbon, brand of choice, add additional bourbon for a stronger cocktail|
|Fresh Mint Leaves, for garnish|
- First, make the simple syrup. Add the sugar and water to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and continuously stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Chop the mint and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour the hot liquid over the mint and stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to cool completely.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour the simple syrup into the strainer to catch the pieces of mint. Discard the mint.
- Make the mint juleps in a blender. Add the simple syrup, ice, and bourbon. Crush the ice and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint. Enjoy immediately!
|1/2 Cup Sugar|
|1/2 Cup Water|
|1/2 Cup Packed Fresh Mint Leaves, roughly chopped|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.