For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
Rate this Recipe
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Baking Soda|
|1 Tsp Baking Powder|
|2 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice|
|1 Cup Sugar|
|1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed|
|1 Cup Vegetable Oil|
|2 15oz Cans Pumpkin Puree|
|2 Large Eggs|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
- Start by making the pumpkin spice whoopie pie cookies. Move the oven rack to the middle slot and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Add the 2 cans of pumpkin puree and beat to combine. Then, beat in the eggs and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 1 ½ - 2 Tbsp of batter onto the baking sheet, leaving about 1-inch between each cookie. You should be able to fit about 12 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes (or until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean). Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting. Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to beat the butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, you can start to assemble. Add the frosting to a piping bag or Ziploc bag and snip the tip/corner of the bag.
- Turn ½ of the cookies upside down. Pipe the filling on top of the cookies. Place the other ½ of the cookies on top of the filling and press down slightly so the frosting spread to the edges.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the frosting to harden slightly.
- ***The recipe makes approximately 24 whoopie pies***
|3 Cups Powdered Sugar|
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened|
|8 oz Cream Cheese, softened|
|3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, or substitute with bourbon maple syrup|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.