For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pumpkin Spice Bars with Brown Sugar Frosting
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 Cups Flour|
|1 Tsp Cinnamon|
|1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger|
|1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg|
|1/4 Tsp Baking Soda|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter, melted|
|2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed|
|1 Large Egg|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|1 Cup Pumpkin Puree|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread to the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the baking dish on a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, lift the parchment paper to remove the bars from the dish and set on the cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bars are cooling, make the frosting (see ingredient list below). Add the butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to beat until combined. Add the cinnamon and salt and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar while the mixer is on low speed. Add the vanilla and milk and increase the speed to medium. Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Once the bars are completely cooled, spread the frosting evenly over the top of the bars.
- Slice into squares and serve immediately. If not serving immediately, store in the fridge until ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened|
|1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed|
|1/2 Tsp Cinnamon|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
|1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar|
|1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk, or any milk of choice|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.