For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roast Beef Dinner with Gravy
Rate this Recipe
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 to 4 pounds beef chuck roast|
|1 large onion, chopped into large pieces|
|4 carrots, cut into large pieces|
|1 - 1.5 pounds baby red potatoes (washed) or Little Potato Company Potatoes|
|1 cup red wine|
|2 cups beef broth|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped|
|1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper or to taste|
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees
- Season the roast generously with pepper and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat on the stove top. Sear the roast on each side until browned.
- Add the onions to the side of the roast. Combine wine, beef broth, rosemary, garlic, thyme, bay leaves and pour over the roast. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and place in oven for two hours.
- Remove the cover and add potatoes, carrots, and bake an additional 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is fall apart tender and potatoes and carrots are cooked. Remove bay leaves.
- Place roast, potatoes, carrots on a serving platter and cover with foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Place dutch oven or pot containing juices from roast on stove top over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and whisk until smooth, add slowly to boiling juices and stir until thickened, add white pepper to taste and serve immediately.
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.