For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Flamin' Hot Cheeto Oven Roasted Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|12 to 15 lbs Whole Turkey, thawed|
|5 lb bag Klondike Goldust Potatoes|
|32 oz Cheddar Cheese Block|
|8.5 oz bag Flamin Hot Cheetos ®, crushed|
|1 Stick Butter, melted|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the neck and package found inside the turkey. Rinse the turkey, use paper towels to pat dry, and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Pour the entire bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos ® into a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush into fine crumbs. You can also use a food processor to pulse into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the turkey on the baking sheet, breast side up. Place one small potato inside the turkey cavity to close off the backend. You shouldn't be able to see through the turkey. Then, slide the entire block of cheese into the cavity.
- Melt the entire stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl and brush over the turkey, covering it completely.
- Use your hands to rub the Flaming Hot Cheeto ® crumbs all over the turkey. You want the turkey to be fully coated (you do not have to coat the bottom of the turkey, just the top and sides).
- Use string to tie the turkey legs together. This will help hold the cheese block inside the turkey and prevent it from sliding out.
- Place the potatoes around the outside of the turkey, using them to hold the wings/legs in place. Brush any leftover melted butter on the potatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake the turkey for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. The length of cooking time will depend on the weight of your turkey.
- Once fully cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. This will help the turkey absorb any juices and stay moist.
- Remove the potatoes to a plate. Scoop the melted cheese into a bowl. Carve the turkey and serve warm with the potatoes on the side and the melted cheese drizzled over the top, or served on the side for dipping.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.