For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
French Onion Chicken Skillet
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 Large White Onions, halved and thinly sliced|
|3 Tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
|Black Pepper, to taste|
|4 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 Tsp Dried Oregano|
|3 Tbsp Flour|
|1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth or Beef Broth|
|1 Cup Gruyere Cheese, shredded|
|Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnish|
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to caramelize (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add the garlic and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, then turn off the heat and set the skillet aside.
- Add the sliced chicken to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add the oregano. Toss to combine. Add the flour and toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Add the broth and the caramelized onions. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. The broth will reduce slightly.
- Add shredded cheese evenly over the top of the skillet. Cover with a lid until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat.
- Serve warm with a garnish of parsley.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.