For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Greek Chicken Meatballs
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Ground Chicken|
|4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 Tbsp Lemon Zest|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped|
|3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs|
|1/3 Cup Yellow Onion, grated|
|1/2 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled|
|1 Large Egg|
|2 Tsp Dried Oregano|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the meatball ingredients to a large mixing bowl; ground chicken, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs, yellow onion, feta, 1 egg, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Use your hands or a small cookie scoop to portion the mixture into meatball that are about 1 ½-inches wide. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each meatball. You should have about 24 meatballs.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the lemon sauce (see ingredient list below). Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Whisk in the flour and let cook for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in the chicken broth while continuing to stir. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and egg yolks. Temper the mixture by adding one spoonful of the hot skillet mixture and whisking to combine. Do this 2-3 more times, then reduce the heat to low and pour the egg mixture into the skillet, while whisking. You do not want the eggs to cook, just heat through.
- Increase the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer for 4-5 minutes. The sauce should start to thicken. Add the nutmeg and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Add the last Tbsp butter and sliced olives. Let the butter melt and incorporate into the sauce. The olives should heat through.
- Once done baking, add the meatballs to the sauce and toss to coat. Serve warm with a side of rice. Enjoy!
|3 Tbsp Butter, divided|
|3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 Tbsp Flour|
|1 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|1 Cup Green Olives, sliced|
|2 Tsp Lemon Zest|
|1/3 Cup Lemon Juice|
|2 Egg Yolks|
|1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.