For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beer Can Whole Grilled Chicken
Rate this Recipe
|1 Whole Chicken, about 4-5 lbs, thawed|
|12 oz Can Beer or Cola|
|Spice Rub, optional|
|BBQ Sauce, for basting, optional|
- Preheat the grill to 350 - 375 degrees F. If you have an upper rack in your grill, remove it before preheating. Try to keep the heat within this range while grilling, for more consistent cooking.
- Pour out 1/4 - 1/2 of the can of beer (or pop). Place the can in the chicken stand.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. You want to use a chicken that is about 4lb. Place the chicken on the chicken stand.
- Optional - rub the chicken with the seasoning of your choice.
- Place the chicken stand on a baking sheet and use that to transport the chicken to the grill. It's more stable and sanitary than carrying it by hand.
- Place the chicken stand on the grill (not the baking sheet). You want to use indirect heat so it's best to keep the outside burners on and turn off the center burners. If you grill over direct heat, you chance the legs or wings catching fire!
- Grill for 60-75 minutes, checking occasionally. Adjust the temperature of the grill if it starts to drop or if the chicken is starting to burn / char. You want the chicken breast to be 165 degrees F.
- Optional - when the chicken is close to being done, brush with BBQ sauce. Let the chicken continue to cook and baste occasionally until cooked through (165 degrees F).
- Carefully remove from the grill and let rest on the counter for about 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Use tongs / forks / hot pads to remove the chicken from the chicken stand. Slice the chicken and serve warm with extra BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.