For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake
Rate this Recipe
|2 Baguettes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)|
|7 Large Eggs|
|2 Cups Milk, any kind|
|1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, plus more for topping|
|1/4 Cup Pumpkin Butter, store bought or homemade (see ingredients & recipe below)|
|4 Tbsp Brown Sugar, for topping|
|Maple Syrup, for serving|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Slice the bread and place in the baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin butter, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture over the bread and use your hands or a spoon to push the bread down until it is mostly covered with the liquid and has soaked some of it in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top. Sprinkle additional pumpkin pie spice evenly over the top (add, to taste).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Slice and serve warm with maple syrup drizzled on the top. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
|15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree|
|1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar|
|1/4 Cup Maple Syrup|
|1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Cider|
|1 Tbsp Lemon Juice|
|2 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice|
|1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Once bubbles start to appear along the outside rim, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. You want a slow rolling bubble, not boiling or vigorous bubbles.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
|Course:||Breakfast, Brunch, Meatless|
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.