For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hickory Smoked Buffalo Wings
Rate this Recipe
|4-5 lbs Raw Chicken Wings|
|4 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning|
|1 Tbsp Salt|
|1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper|
|1 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, brand of choice|
|1 Cup Ketchup|
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter|
|2 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|Hickory Woodchips, for smoking|
|1-2 Disposable Aluminum Pans|
- Add hickory wood chips to the smoker according to manufacturer instructions. Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F.
- Add the chicken wings, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper to a Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and toss to coat the wings with the seasoning.
- Place the wings directly on the rack of the smoker and smoke for 1 hour.
- While the wings are smoking, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ketchup, buffalo wing sauce, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the smoker and place in 1-2 disposable aluminum pans.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. If using 2 pans, divide the sauce evenly between the 2 pans.
- Place the aluminum pan(s) in the smoker and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the wings and serve immediately, while hot, with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
|Course:||Appetizer, Appetizers, Barbecue, Dinner, Lunch, Poultry|
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.