For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwestern Pot Roast
Rate this Recipe
|3 1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck or Arm Shoulder Roast|
|8 slices raw bacon, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 package Fajita Seasoning|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies|
|1 can beef broth, divided|
|2 teaspoons chopped chipotles in Adobo Sauce, if desired|
|Sour Cream, for garnish|
|Fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- Rub roast on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle all over with fajita seasoning; set aside.
- Heat large skillet to medium high and sauté diced bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to plate and set aside. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to bacon fat in the pan and brown roast on all sides. Spray crock pot with olive oil cooking spray and preheat on high setting.
- Place roast and half of the can of beef broth in crock pot. Place Skillet back on heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then add can of diced tomatoes with chilies, cooked bacon, beef broth, and chipotles in Adobo, if using. Cook 5 more minutes and pour over roast. Cover and turn down to low setting and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Leftovers Make Great Shredded Beef Quesadillas! http://bit.ly/ShreddedBeefQuesadillas
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.