For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Rate this Recipe
|6 carrots, sliced|
|2 large yellow onions, chopped|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic|
|2 ribs celery, sliced|
|1 head green cabbage, cored and chopped|
|1 lb sauerkraut, drained, optional|
|2 lb small red potatoes, quartered|
|Seasoned salt, to taste|
|3 lb Corned beef brisket with seasoning packet|
|12 oz beer or non-alcoholic beer|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 can chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon yellow mustard|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
- Mix all vegetables and sauerkraut together, sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper and place in 6 to 8 quart crock pot or slow cooker.
- Rinse corned beef brisket with cold water and pat dry with paper towels: place on top of veggies in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together the beer, brown sugar, and chicken broth and pour over top of corned beef. Spread both mustards evenly on outside of corned beef and sprinkle with seasoning packet.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours. Transfer corned beef to platter; cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Season veggies, to taste, with seasoned salt and pepper. Serve slices of corned beef along with some of the veggies and cooking liquid, buttered Irish Soda Bread, and more mustard on the side.
- Perfect recipe for your crockpot or slow cooker.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.