For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Rate this Recipe
|6 carrots, sliced|
|2 large yellow onions, chopped|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic|
|2 ribs celery, sliced|
|1 head green cabbage, cored and chopped|
|1 lb sauerkraut, drained, optional|
|2 lb small red potatoes, quartered|
|Seasoned salt, to taste|
|3 lb Corned beef brisket with seasoning packet|
|12 oz beer or non-alcoholic beer|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 can chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon yellow mustard|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
- Mix all vegetables and sauerkraut together, sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper and place in 6 to 8 quart crock pot or slow cooker.
- Rinse corned beef brisket with cold water and pat dry with paper towels: place on top of veggies in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together the beer, brown sugar, and chicken broth and pour over top of corned beef. Spread both mustards evenly on outside of corned beef and sprinkle with seasoning packet.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours. Transfer corned beef to platter; cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Season veggies, to taste, with seasoned salt and pepper. Serve slices of corned beef along with some of the veggies and cooking liquid, buttered Irish Soda Bread, and more mustard on the side.
- Perfect recipe for your crockpot or slow cooker.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.