For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Black Bean Dip
Rate this Recipe
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 large yellow onion, finely diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 cans black beans, (15 1/2 oz.)drained and rinsed well, divided|
|2 cans chipotle chiles in adobo sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies, drained|
|1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed|
|6 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided|
|6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded,divided|
|3/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and salt, and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add half of the black beans, the chipotles and adobo sauce, and the water, and bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid reduces by about half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a food processor, add the vinegar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the work bowl as necessary.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the beans, the tomatoes, corn, half of each of the cheeses, and 1/2 cup of the cilantro. Mix well and season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and browns around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.