For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 Cups Warm Water|
|2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar|
|1 Package Active Dry Yeast (2 1/4 Tsp)|
|6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted|
|2 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt|
|4 1/2 to 5 Cups All Purpose Flour|
|3 Quarts Water|
|1/2 Cup Baking Soda|
|1 Egg, beaten|
|1 Tbsp Cold Water|
|Coarse Sea Salt|
- Combine cups water, sugar, yeast, and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the dough hook until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and flour and mix on low speed until combined.
- Increase the speed to medium and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and begins to pull away from the side of the bowl, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the dough appears too wet, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, place on a flat surface and knead into a ball with your hands.
- Oil a bowl with vegetable oil, add the dough and turn to coat with the oil.
- Cover with a clean towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Start boiling the 3 quarts of water in a small roasting pan over high heat.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a flat surface.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, about 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 ounces each. Roll each piece into a long rope measuring 22 inches and shape. Cut the dough into one inch pieces to make the pretzel bites.
- Add baking soda to boiling water.
- Boil the pretzel bites in the water solution in batches, about 15 bites at a time. Boil for about 30 seconds.
- Remove with a large slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure they are not touching.
- Brush the tops with the egg wash and season liberally with the salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a baking rack and let rest 5 minutes before eating.
- Serve with cheese sauce.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.