For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
|5 lbs Red Potatoes, washed and peeled|
|1 Cup Half & Half|
|1 1/2 Sticks Salted Butter, divided|
|8 oz Cream Cheese|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Lowry's Seasoning Salt|
|Paprika, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until soft and tender, and can be easily pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes. Set aside.
- Add the half & half, 1 stick of butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Lowry’s in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the cooked potatoes. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- ***Alternately, you can add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and use a potato masher or hand mixer to blend the ingredients. The heat from the potatoes will help soften the cream cheese and melt the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the 9x13 baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Melt the remaining ½ stick of butter in the microwave and pour over the top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 30-45 minutes. The butter will be bubbly around the edges and the top will start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Enjoy!
|Course:||Appetizer, Appetizers, Meatless, Side, Side Dish|
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.