For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. boneless chicken breasts and/or thighs,, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided use|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|1 large red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 can Italian diced tomatoes|
|1 jar marinara Sauce|
|1/2 cup pitted sliced Kalamata olives|
|3 tablespoons capers|
|1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken pieces, olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the same pan and sauté until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, marinara sauce, olives, capers, and chicken broth. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Can be cooked on low is slow cooker for 4 to 6 hours. Serve over hot pasta or polenta and top with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.