For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Rate this Recipe
|1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded|
|1 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|4 Tbsp Butter|
|1/4 Cup Flour|
|1/2 Large White Onion, chopped|
|1 Cup Matchstick Carrots|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|6 Cups Chicken Broth|
|2 Cups Milk|
|2 Tsp Parsley Flakes|
|Salt & Pepper, for seasoning|
|1 16oz Package Potato Gnocchi|
|1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach, chopped|
|Cornstarch, to thicken soup, optional|
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onions, carrots, and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the flour and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate pot, cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the milk to the pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the seasonings.
- Add the gnocchi and chicken. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine 3 Tbsp Cornstarch with 3 Tbsp Water. Add to the pot and stir. This will help the soup thicken. Continue to heat until the gnocchi and chicken are warm.
- When the soup is almost done heating, add the spinach and stir.
- Serve warm.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.