For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Greek Orzo Stuffed Peppers
Rate this Recipe
|BELL PEPPER INGREDIENTS|
|3 Bell Peppers, sliced in half and cleaned out|
|4 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp Oregano Seasoning|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|1 -2 Cups Cooked Orzo|
|2 -3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar|
|1 Small Jar Kalamata Olives, halved|
|2 -3 Pepperocini, chopped|
|2 Tbsp Pine Nuts|
|1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese, optional|
|LEMON SAUCE INGREDIENTS|
|1 Bunch Fresh Basil, chopped|
|1/4 Cup Olive Oil|
|1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 -2 Tbsp Lemon Juice|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place in the 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 25 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Drain the orzo and add to a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, olives, pepperoncini, and pine nuts (and feta if including in the dish). Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, olive oil, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and salt (and tomatoes if including in the dish).
- Add the orzo mixture to each bell pepper and top with the lemon sauce.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.