For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Lentil Sloppy Joe’s
Rate this Recipe
|1 Cup Lentils, well rinsed|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1/2 Medium White Onion, diced|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced|
|15 oz Can Tomato Sauce|
|1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar|
|2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce|
|2 Tsp Chili Powder, add more to taste|
|2 Tsp Cumin, add more to taste|
|2 Tsp Paprika, add more to taste|
- In a small saucepan add 2 cups water with the rinsed lentils. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the pepper and onion is tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add the lentils and stir again. Heat for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is thick and warmed through.
- Add additional salt, pepper, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.