For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 Cup Flour
|1/3 Cup Sugar
|1 Tsp Baking Powder
|1/8 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
|1/2 Tsp Salt
|1/3 Cup Buttermilk
|1 Egg, lightly beaten
|2 Tbsp Butter, melted
|1 Bag White Candy Melts or Almond Bark
|Red Candy Melts
|Orange Candy Melts
|Green Candy Melts
|Purple Candy Melts
|Black Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, and butter. Stir to combine.
- Add the mixture to a pastry bag or Ziploc bag. Snip the tip and pipe into each donut cavity until about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cooling rack on top.
- Melt the white candy melts or almond bark in a microwave safe dish. Dip each donut in the white chocolate then place back on the cooling rack to harden.
- Add the green, orange, and purple candy melts to the center of each donut to represent the eye color. You might need to stack a few pieces together, so the color stands out.
- Melt the red candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Let cool slightly then add to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe short squiggle lines around each donut to resemble veins.
- Melt a few black candy melts in a microwave safe dish and use a toothpick to add small dots on the green/orange/purple candy melts to resemble the pupil.
- Serve immediately.
©2024 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.