For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hand Dipped Corn Dogs
Rate this Recipe
|3/4 Cup Yellow Cornmeal|
|3/4 Cup Flour|
|1 Tbsp Sugar|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
|1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder|
|1 Egg, beaten|
|2 Tbsp Honey|
|3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Buttermilk|
|2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|10 Hot Dogs|
|10 Wooden Skewers|
|Canola Oil, for frying|
|Ketchup and Mustard, for serving|
- Add the canola oil to a dutch oven or deep fryer and heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the egg, honey, buttermilk, and vegetable oil. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pat dry the hot dogs. Insert a skewer into each hot dog.
- Pour the batter into a tall drinking glass - something tall enough to fit the entire hot dog when dipping.
- Dip a hot dog into the batter, making sure it is fully coated. Then, place into the hot oil. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown with a crispy crust. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and deep fry the next batch. Repeat until all hot dogs have been deep fried.
- Serve warm with ketchup and mustard.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.