For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bruschetta Pasta (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|1/3 Cup Fresh Garlic, chopped (approx 2 whole garlic bulbs)|
|6 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|12 oz Rigatoni Pasta, or any pasta of choice|
|1/3 Cup Reserved Pasta Water|
|2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes|
|6 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar|
|1/3 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped|
|Red Pepper Flakes, optional|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water before draining. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic has softened. Pour the garlic and olive oil from the skillet into the bowl of a food processor to cool.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to the same large skillet you used for the garlic and heat over medium-low heat. Add the tomatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. You want the tomatoes to heat through and start to burst open. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the skillet and stir to coat the tomatoes. Reduce the heat to simmer and heat for 3-4 minutes or until the balsamic thickens slightly. Turn off the heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the food processor with the garlic. Turn the food processor on low and start to blend while slowly drizzling in the reserved pasta water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the garlic sauce to the cooked pasta noodles and stir to coat.
- Add the balsamic and tomatoes to the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Add red pepper flakes, to taste, and the chopped basil to the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve warm with additional chopped basil on top for garnish. Enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.