For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
General Tso’s Chicken Wings
Rate this Recipe
|2 1/2 Lbs Chicken Wings|
|2 Tbsp Baking Powder|
|2 Tbsp Ground Ginger|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder|
|1 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|1 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|1/3 Cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce|
|1/3 Cup Mirin|
|1/3 Cup + 3 Tbsp Water, divided|
|1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seed Oil|
|1 1/2 Tsp Sriracha|
|1 1/2 -2 Tbsp Ginger, freshly grated|
|4 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|2 Tbsp Cornstarch|
|1/2 Cup Sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, ground ginger, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken wings to a large Ziploc bag. Pour the rub mixture into the bag, seal the bag, and shake to evenly coat the chicken wings. Line the chicken wings in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the sauce. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, 1/3 cup water, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the sugar and 3 Tbsp water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let the mixture boil for about 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 3-4 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with a side of rice or vegetables. Enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.