For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Chicken Meatballs
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Ground Chicken|
|2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs|
|1 Large Egg|
|1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped|
|Fresh Basil, chopped, for serving|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the meatball ingredients to a large mixing bowl; ground chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, and parsley. Mix until just combined.
- Use your hands or a small cookie scoop to portion the mixture into meatball that are about 1 ½-inches wide. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each meatball. You should have 15 meatballs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the cream sauce (see ingredient list below). Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and mushroom and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and Cajun seasoning over the top. Stir to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the chicken broth while continuing to stir.
- Add the sour cream and stir to melt and combine. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for about 10 minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken.
- Once done baking, add the meatballs to the sauce and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm with a side of rice. Enjoy!
|2 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, chopped|
|1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped|
|1/2 Cup Mushrooms, minced|
|2 Tbsp Flour|
|1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning|
|1 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|1/2 Cup Sour Cream|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.