For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Shamrock Fried Eggs
Rate this Recipe
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Large Green Bell Pepper|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
- Remove the top and bottom of the bell pepper. Slice the bell pepper into 4 equally thick round pieces. Remove any seeds and trim the inside edge, if needed.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the 4 bell pepper rounds in the skillet.
- Crack one egg into the center of each bell pepper ring. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the eggs cook until almost entirely set, about 3-5 minutes. You will see that most of the egg inside the bell pepper has turned white. Once this has happened, use a spatula to gently flip over each bell pepper (flip the whole piece - bell pepper and egg included). Allow the top of the egg to cook for about 30 seconds. The eggs should be completely cooked through at this point. Adjust the cook time slightly if you prefer a runny yolk.
- Remove to a plate and serve warm. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.