For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
|1 Yellow Onion, diced|
|4 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 Heaping Tsp Dried Oregano|
|1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin|
|2 4oz Cans Diced Green Chilies|
|1 lb Shredded Rotisserie Chicken|
|16 oz Jar Salsa Verde|
|1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped|
|3 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|8 8-inch Flour Tortillas|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in both cans of diced green chilies.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken, 1/3 Cups salsa verde, cilantro, and 1 ½ cups cheese. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay 8 tortillas on the counter. Add the mixture evenly between the 8 tortillas. Roll each tortilla and place, seam down, in the baking pan. All 8 tortillas will tightly fit in the pan.
- Pour the remaining salsa verde over the top and sprinkle with the other 1 ½ cups cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro (optional).
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.