For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Black Bean Dip
Rate this Recipe
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 large yellow onion, finely diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 cans black beans, (15 1/2 oz.)drained and rinsed well, divided|
|2 cans chipotle chiles in adobo sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies, drained|
|1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed|
|6 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided|
|6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded,divided|
|3/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and salt, and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add half of the black beans, the chipotles and adobo sauce, and the water, and bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid reduces by about half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a food processor, add the vinegar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the work bowl as necessary.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the beans, the tomatoes, corn, half of each of the cheeses, and 1/2 cup of the cilantro. Mix well and season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and browns around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.