For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
French Onion Burger
Rate this Recipe
|4 Hamburger Patties (store-bought or homemade) or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts|
|Salt & Pepper, for seasoning|
|Lowry's Seasoned Salt, for seasoning|
|4 Slices Swiss Cheese|
|1 Large White Onion, sliced|
|12 oz Mushrooms, sliced|
|4 Pretzel Buns|
|French Fries, for serving, optional|
- If you purchased unseasoned beef patties or are making your own patties, it’s recommended to season both sides with salt, pepper, and Lowry’s Seasoned Salt before cooking. You can skip this step if you are using seasoned beef patties. If using chicken breasts, season both sides with salt, pepper, and Lowry’s Seasoned Salt.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the hamburger patties or chicken breasts until cooked through. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender and golden, about 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the hamburgers or chicken on a baking sheet. Top each with 1 slice of swiss cheese. Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Assemble the burgers. Start with a bun on the bottom. Place a hamburger or chicken breast on top. Add a heaping scoop of the onion and mushroom mixture. Place the other half of the bun on top. Repeat this step until all burgers have been assembled.
- Serve warm with a side of french fries. Enjoy!
|Course:||Beef, Dinner, Lunch, Poultry, Sandwich, Sandwiches|
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.