I’m always looking for simple ideas for entertaining and it seems that I often come back to serving cheese and wine with crusty baguettes. Some of my favorite cheeses of late come from Sartori in Wisconsin. Their Bellavitano Reserve Cheeses are heavenly. Here are some descriptions of the line that we carry at Festival Foods, my personal favorite is the Balsamic:
- BellaVitano Gold begins in the mouth like a premium Parmesan and finishes in award-winning style with hints of melted butter.
- Balsamic BellaVitano, the sweet, nutty, fruity flavors of our most-sought-after BellaVitano become even more desirable when blessed with a few prized drops of Modena balsamic vinegar.
- Merlot BellaVitano weds this rich, creamy cheese to the berry and plum notes of Merlot, creating a marriage of flavors destined to make your taste buds say, “I do.”
- Raspberry BellaVitano is soaked with handcrafted Raspberry Tart ale. The bright notes of ruby-red raspberries combine with hazelnut and brown-butter flavors to make a deliciously complex cheese.
- Espresso BellaVitano is hand-rubbed with freshly roasted espresso into sweet, sugary BellaVitano wheels aged to creamy perfection.
Tickler is a fabulous aged white cheddar to include on a cheese board or better top a burger with a couple of slices of this tangy aged to perfection cheddar. Tickler is now a “staple” in our frig.
If you’re in the mood for a great steak recipe with Blue Cheese try our T-Bone Steaks topped with Blue Cheese-Bacon Butter recipe – yes this is as good as it sounds!
Spanish Manchego is also a favorite and this Grilled Steak Quesadilla Recipe using Manchego and the Tickler cheddar is fabulous.