While on vacation over Thanksgiving I had THE BEST drink at one of our favorite restaurants and have been talking about it ever since (seriously). I wanted to recreate the drink for a special occasion and thought New Year’s Eve would be the perfect time (although, I could drink this every day and not just on special occasions) …
It’s called a Bailey’s Banana Colada and is the most amazing alcoholic shake-like beverage I’ve ever had. Be warned – there isn’t a lot of booze in this drink, so the alcohol flavors won’t be overpowering. It’s more like a chocolate banana shake. But it’s delicious.
Here’s how you make it:
- 2 Ripe Bananas, broken into chunks
- 6 fl oz Banana Liqueur
- 6 lf oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 6 fl oz Coconut Cream, room temperature
- 4 Cups Ice
- Add the banana chunks and banana liqueur to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the Bailey’s and coconut cream and blend again, until well mixed.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses and enjoy!
You can make this drink a bit more tropical by adding a few Tbsp of crushed pineapple.
You can add an additional 2 cups of ice (6 cups total) if you want the cocktail to have a more liquid consistency and not be thick like a shake. I think 4 cups is the perfect amount but add more or less ice to your taste.
If you want to make this drink more dessert-like, top with whipped cream and garnish with cherries.
The recipe can be found here.