It doesn’t get much better than Teriyaki Chicken Quesadillas!  The sweet and tangy flavor of teriyaki sauce pairs well with chicken.  Combine it with melted cheese, crisp onions, and a warm tortilla, and you have a gourmet meal.

The recipe can be found here.

Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan, add the soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic.  Whisk to combine.  Bring to a boil and heat for 60 seconds.

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water.  Whisk into the boiling mixture and watch as the mixture begins to thicken.  Then, remove it from the heat and set aside.

Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour 75% of the teriyaki sauce over the top.  You want to reserve the other 25% of the teriyaki sauce to use later.  Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.

Remove the chicken from the baking dish and shred or dice.  Return to the baking dish and stir to coat with the teriyaki sauce.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add one tortilla.  Flour tortillas are most commonly used as they are durable and come in a variety of sized.  You can use corn tortillas if you prefer; the quesadillas will be just as good.

Top the tortilla with a thin layer of cheese, followed by the teriyaki chicken, chopped red onion and green onion, a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, and additional cheese.  Place another tortilla on top.

Heat for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the bottom layer of cheese has melted.  Flip and heat the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes.

Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and slice.  Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.

Serve warm, with additional red and green onion sprinkled over the top.  Add a small dish of the reserved teriyaki sauce on the side.  Enjoy!

The recipe can be found here.

Don’t these look delicious?  They can be a meal by themselves because they are so filling but a side of rice or some sautéed veggies will also pair nicely.  This recipe would also make a nice afterschool snack for the kids to share.

Happy Cooking!

Share this post...Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.